Newberg Woman “Extremely Intoxicated,” Arrested After Driving with 4 Children in Vehicle

A Newberg, Oregon woman was recently arrested and charged with DUII (Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants), equivalent to DUI in most other states. 32-year-old Tabatha Browning was arrested on Friday, September 19, for drunken driving while having four children in the vehicle with her, according to

Forest Grove police say that Browning was “extremely drunk,” and that her speech was so slurred it was hard to understand her. Forest Grove police spokesman Mike Herb said that the department had received a report regarding a black Jeep Commander that was driving in a reckless manner near an intersection. It was also reported by witnesses that the Jeep had parked in the bushes as it pulled up on a curb. After her arrest, Browning’s BAC (blood alcohol content) registered .19%, more than twice the legal limit of .08%.

The four children in the vehicle with Browning ranged in age from two to 11. In addition to DUII, Browning was charged with four counts of reckless endangering.

While the news article does not indicate whether it is Browning’s first DUI offense, no doubt she will face serious penalties if convicted.

In Michigan, a BAC level of .19% would be considered a “Super Drunk” driving offense, which results in punishment that is harsher than that for a regular DUI conviction. A Super Drunk conviction for a first-time offender may result in up to 180 days in jail, fines of up to $700, driver’s license suspension for one year, possible community service, and more. In addition, a child endangerment conviction will result in up to one year in jail, fines of up to $1,000, vehicle immobilization, and possible community service.

While driving under the influence of alcohol or any intoxicating substance is a serious matter, doing so with children in the car is far more serious. Anyone who has been arrested for DUI, regardless of whether you had children in the vehicle, must consult with a skilled and aggressive Michigan DUI attorney who will work to protect your legal rights, and obtain positive results.

Contact Information